This legal agreement is an electronic record in terms of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions about electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- “Publishers” shall mean and refer to individuals and/or group of individuals, or a registered firm, who would provide details of the catalogue of paperback/hardbound books, digital copies of the books and audio/video or everything aforementioned, which they have already published or planning to publish, and get a revenue share from the purchases of these books and digital/audio or both.
- “Self-Publishing authors” shall mean and refer to individuals/new-bee writers or a group of individuals, who would use Rachnaye to post their creations for free or as paid, they can also publish their books directly and can get their paperback or hardbound published via Rachnaye platform.
- “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “User” shall collectively mean and refer to Publishers, Self-Publishing authors, and Readers/Listeners.
- “Third Parties” refer to any Platform individual apart from the Users and the creator of this Platform
To provide You with Our uninterrupted use of the Platform, We may collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you with your permission. To ensure better protection of Your privacy, We provide this notice explaining Our information collection and disclosure policies, and the choices You make about the way Your information is collected and used.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are committed to respecting Your online privacy. We further recognize Your need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal Information You share with us. We may collect the following information:
- Registration data, such as full name, mobile number, email ID, password and profile picture.
- To enable the provision of services opted for by you;
- To enable the viewing of content in your interest;
- To communicate the necessary account and service-related information from time to time;
- To allow you to receive quality customer care services and data Collection;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
To the extent possible, we provide You with the option of not divulging any specific information that you wish for us not to collect, store or use. You may also choose not to use a particular service or feature on Rachnaye and opt-out of any non-essential communications from the Platform.
Further, transacting over the internet has inherent risks which can only be avoided by you by following security practices yourself, such as not revealing account/login related information to any other person and informing our customer care team about any suspicious activity or where your account has/may have been compromised.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information provided by you shall be used to provide and improve the service for you and all users.
- To provide you with services on your request.
- For maintaining an internal record.
- For enhancing the Services provided.
- For maintaining record under the legal and statutory provisions.
For more details about the nature of such communications, please refer to our Terms of Service. Further, your data and Sensitive Personal data may be collected and stored by Us for internal record.
We use Your tracking information such as IP addresses, and or Device ID to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information and make further services available to you. We will not sell, license or trade Your personal information. We will not share your personal information with others unless they are acting under our instructions or we are required to do so by law.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. If the same is not identified to you, you have the right to request the Company to elucidate the purpose of collection of said personal information, pending the fulfilment of which you shall not be mandated to disclose any information whatsoever.
We will collect and use your personal information solely to fulfil those purposes specified by us, within the scope of the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and with the knowledge and consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our Platform. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third-parties for this purpose.
EXTERNAL LINKS ON THE PLATFORM
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights concerning your data:
- The right to request a copy of your data which we hold about you;
- The right to request for any correction to any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to withdraw Your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to complain about a supervisory authority.
- The right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or an international organization.
Where you hold an account with any of our services, you are entitled to a copy of all personal data which we hold concerning you. You are also entitled to request that we restrict how we use your data in your account when you log in. Users like Rachnaye because they feel that they have full control over the Creation they produce and/or consume. Here is a bit more information about how Creation is sorted or recommended in the Platform:
- The content in your personal feeds (sorted by time latest or oldest) These are just a list of articles published by all the sources(writers, narrators, language, genre etc.) you have shown interest in. The only personalization here is to remove the articles you have already read if you have the “unread only” checkbox selected. Don’t worry, if you have purchased that content, it will remain for you even if you have read/listened to it. Though we allow you to remove the content from your local drive and keep it in the cloud. You can delete from the cloud as well, which will mean that you have to buy the content again, even if you have bought it earlier.
- The content in your personal feeds (sorted by popularity) This is the same list as bucket #1 but we look at the last 500 reads/audios in that feed and take the 3 most popular and put them at the top. Popularity is measured by the engagement velocity (how many times an article has been shared, liked, and commented on social media since its creation divided by the age of the article). The logic is the same for all users and does not take into account any personal data. The term popularity is also called trending sometimes in the UI and in emails.
- Explore tab The Creation of the explore tab is to help users discover new sources for reads/audio. It is personalized based on your country and preferred language selection. The default language is the language of your browser or device. But you can easily switch those settings. It simply takes some of the most popular topics and showcases some of the most popular articles (by the same definition as bucket #2).
- Related sources When you follow a writer/narrator/publication house or topic, we will suggest other sources you might be interested in following based on the aggregated and anonymized behavior of the rest of the community.The only personal data that influences the Creation you are seeing is, therefore, your list of feeds, sources, the sort options you have for each source and the favorite status you might have assigned to a specific source, the read status of articles, and your country. All of this is fully transparent and fully controlled by you. Our community/users love Rachnaye because it gives them direct control over the content they consume.
You further acknowledge that Rachnaye may contain information that is designated confidential by us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent. Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services, and you retain sole discretion to seek for discontinuation of such communications at any point in time.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTORS
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may host surveys for survey creators for Rachnaye who are the owners and users of your survey responses. We do not own or sell your responses. Anything you expressly disclose in your responses will be disclosed to survey creators. Please contact the survey creator directly to better understand how they might share your survey responses.
Information collected will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005, any rules made thereunder or any other law for the time being in force.
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed:
- Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PROFILE
Following registration, you can review and change the information you submitted at the stage of registration, except Email ID and mobile number. An option for facilitating such change shall be present on Rachnaye and such change shall be facilitated by the User. If you change any information, we may or may not keep track of your old information. We will not retain in our files information you have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Such prior information shall be completely removed from our databases, including stored ‘back up’ systems. If you believe that any information, we are holding on to you is incorrect or incomplete, or to remove your profile so that others cannot view it, the User needs to remediate, and promptly correct any such incorrect information.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the Company. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us and information that we have accessed.
However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. Our Company cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you provide won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to the Company over the Internet.
ACCESS FROM DEVICES
The Rachnaye requires access from the following features of your device:
- Audio(only when in audio/video format is used).
- Contacts (only when content is shared).
- Messages (only when payment notifications are shared).
- Payment Applications (only when purchase option is used).
- Social Media Application (only when content is shared) and/or Your Login is based on that.
- Scanning applications
- Storage applications (only when original content is saved as backup storage).
CONSENT WITHDRAWAL, DATA DOWNLOAD & DATA REMOVAL REQUESTS
To withdraw your consent, or to request the download or delete your data with us for any or all our services at any time, please email to DevOps Team